State and County Projections
- State and County Demographic and Economic Projections: 2020-2060
- County Projection Summaries
- State and County Demographic and Economic Projections Data (Excel Download)
- School- and College-Age Populations: 2021 Long-Term Planning Projection Update
- Demographic Inputs for Utah’s Long-Term Baseline and Scenario Planning Projections
- Demographic Impacts of Zero Migration in Utah – A Projection Scenario
- Scenario Projections Data (Excel Download)
- Scenario Projection User Guide
- Methodology – Zero Net Migration Simulation Using Cohort Change Ratios
Since 2015, the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute has produced long-term demographic and economic planning projections for the state of Utah and its counties. These 40-year state and county projections extend from 2020 to 2060, illustrating continued population and employment growth with a range of future changes throughout the state.
The current suite of products includes a research brief, county profiles, dynamic visualizations, downloadable data, and a methodology document. The research links provide access to those resources. For more in-depth dynamic visuals, please click here.
For additional data requests, contact Eric Albers (firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-587-9436)
For access to past projections and estimates work done by the Gardner Policy Institute, please click the Projections and Estimates Archive link at the bottom of the research links.