The Gardner Policy Institute employs a senior health care analyst and a team of economists knowledgeable about Utah’s health care policy and economy. We also benefit from a Health Care Advisory Council that guides our research agenda and supports the development of a health care policy practice area. Our research focus areas include, but are not limited to: (1) Analyzing state and national health care trends and evaluating their impact on Utah; (2) collaborating with health care experts and community leaders to analyze and develop relevant health care policy; and (3) conducting research and preparing data on the economic impact of Utah’s health care industry.
- Staying Ahead of the Curve: Utah’s Future Health Care Needs
- The Root of the Issue: America’s Social Determinants of Health (Hatch Center Symposium Proceedings)
- Blog: Medical Inflation in Utah: The Ups and Downs of Data and Measurement
- Blog: Using Medicaid to Pay for What?
- Blog: What’s Being Said About Utah?
- Blog: Utah Foundation’s Health Cost Series examines cost drivers
- The Root of the Issue: Utah’s Social Determinants of Health Symposium Proceedings
- Social Determinants of Health: A National Perspective
- Social Determinants of Health: Data Points
- Blog: Utah’s Social Determinants of Health: An Economic and Humanitarian Imperative
- Blog: The Utah Approach to Health Care Reform
- Economic Impacts of Utah’s Life Sciences Industry
- Blog: Utah’s Expanding Medicaid Coverage
- Utah’s Expanding Medicaid Coverage: Three Scenarios
- Fact Sheet: The Economic Contribution of Utah’s Life Science Industry