Utah Economic and Public Policy Research
The Gardner Policy Institute’s team of economists specializes in Utah’s economy. Many voices in the community help shape our research agenda, including the Utah Economic Council, University of Utah, and State Legislature. We use national and local data sources and leading economic models to provide Utahns with the tools to make informed decisions. This page provides recent analysis on a variety of trends and industries in the state.
- Blog: Has Utah Become a Middle-Wage State? And Can Utah Become a High-Wage State?
- Utah’s Strategic Clusters: Performance, Benefits, Workforce Needs, and Rural Utah
- Economic Impacts of Utah’s Life Sciences Industry
- Blog: Utah’s growth demands cooperation, not sabotage
- Blog: Time for the northern Utah economy to come alive
- Blog: The Jazz are Utah: Looking back on the Jazz wins off the court
- International Trade and Utah’s Economic Success
- Blog: Utah could use a little beautification
- Blog: Who is Responsible for Clean Air in Utah?
- Blog: Brookings Institute Scholars Visit the Gardner Policy Institute
- Fact Sheet: The Economic Contribution of Utah’s Life Science Industry
- Blog: The SLC International Airport is a first-class gift to Utah’s economy
- Blog: Winds of Change: Utah’s growing cost-of-doing business problem
- Blog: Fast Forward: Major trends with the potential to reshape Utah
- Gardner Business Review: What has been the impact of globalization on Utah?
- Utah’s Defense Sector: Economic Impacts of the Military and Veterans
- Analysis of Military Retirees in Utah: Impacts, Demographics and Tax Policy