Real Estate and Construction
The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute provides leading real estate and construction research for the State of Utah. Our research provides decision makers with critical information about residential and non-residential construction trends and issues. In addition to construction research, our work focuses on housing research related to affordability and market stability. Our team works closely with real estate professionals, planners, economists, researchers and business, and community leaders to make informed decisions about the Utah economy.
Visit the Ivory-Boyer Construction Database.
- Salt Lake City’s Current Apartment Boom: An Analysis of Salt Lake City’s Record Apartment Growth
- Blog: A Note of Clarification on Utah’s Housing Shortage
- Blog: Act now to avoid a housing affordability crisis in Utah
- Blog: Utah Housing Affordability: Avoiding a Potential Crisis
- Gardner Business Review: What Rapidly Rising Prices Mean for Housing Affordability
- Research Brief: Housing Prices and the Threat to Affordability
- Salt Lake County Real Estate Conditions and Forecast, 2016-2017
- Salt Lake City’s Downtown Rental Market: Past, Present, and Future
- Salt Lake County Real Estate Conditions and Forecast, 2015-2016