The Gardner Policy Institute employs a team of economists who specialize in public finance. We also benefit from a Public Finance Council that guides our research agenda and supports the development of a public finance practice area. Our research focus areas include, but are not limited to: tax policy, revenue forecasting, fiscal impacts, budget stress-testing, budget transparency, and public finance best practices.
- State Budget Stress Testing: How Utah Budget-makers are Shifting the Focus from a Balanced Budget to Fiscal Sustainability
- State Budget Stress Testing User Guide
- Western States Budget Report FY 18-19 Utah Report
- A Visual Guide to Tax Modernization in Utah: Sales and Use Taxes
- The Volcker Alliance: Truth and Integrity in State Budgeting 2018