This section shares team research on special topics that are not recurring pieces. This includes work on demographic factors, trends, and impacts, as well as projects we have completed for outside entities.
- Shifting Foundations: A Contemporary History of Utah Households
- Research Brief: Is Utah’s Relatively Low COVID-19 Death Rate Due to its Younger Population?
- Moving Toward 2020: Utah Commuting Patterns, 2000-2010
- Utahns on the Move: State and County Migration Age Patterns
- Washington County Temporary Resident Population Estimates, 2017
- Fertility in Utah since the Great Recession: The New Normal or a Pregnant Pause?
- Migrant Today, Parent Tomorrow: A Zero Migration Simulation
- Salt Lake City Data Book 2017
- Three Million Utahns
- Utah: Basic Population & Household Demographic Trends, 1990-2010
Prior to 2010:
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake County
- New Americans in Salt Lake County: A Demographic Profile of Utah’s Gateway Region
- Oquirrh View Study (Demographics)
- Community Data for Policy, Planning, and Community Investment: Salt Lake City Case Studies (2013)
- Fast-Tracking Wasatch Front Transit Investments: Economic and Demographic Impacts of a 2025 Build-Out (2011)
- Utah’s Demographic Transformation: A View into the Future (2008)
- The Development of the West Bench: Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Impacts (2007)
- Utah’s Place in the Macro-Demographics of the U.S. in the 20th Century (2006)
- The Coming Boom in Utah’s School Age and College Age Populations: State and County Scenarios (2002)