Committable Core Values
The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute subscribes to five committable core values. We call them committable values because we make serious personnel and project decisions based on these values. We call them core because we integrate them into everything we do. They are internal values, but are reflected externally in the products and services we provide to the community. Taken together, our committable core values define who we are, how we conduct ourselves, and what comprises our work culture.
- Responsibility to the community – The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute exists to serve Utah and help our state prosper. While we make a contribution to regional, national and international public policy issues, we focus on assisting communities of interest within our state make informed decisions.
- Research integrity and relevance – The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute adheres to ethical principles and professional standards essential for responsible research. We value independent, relevant, meaningful, and understandable work.
- Accountability – The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute holds employees responsible for being continually productive in the work setting, being fiscally responsible, and delivering high quality products and services to the community, university, Eccles School, donors, and clients.
- Collaboration – The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute actively partners with people and organizations on campus and in the community to achieve our vision and mission. We believe teamwork among our staff will provide the best research and foster success.
- Positive and passionate – The Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute employs people who are deeply committed to their craft and contribute to a positive and respectful work environment. We seek a congenial workplace where individual differences are both respected and celebrated, and we have fun along the way.